Lifestyle - Business - Hobbies - Teen
Business - Sports - Home and Garden - International
The story of a boy who went camping and had it go horribly wrong
Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the new second edition efficiently delivers targeted,trustworthy guidance for diagnosing and managing pediatric musculoskeletal problems.
Features 74 chapters cover pediatric orthopedic disorders and injuries; proven evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation approaches; practice-tested tips; and invaluable clinical pearls.
- Common sports injuries
- Limb disorders
- Spine disorders
- Musculoskeletal examination and evaluation
- Casting and splinting
- Imaging techniques
- Hip and pelvis disorders
- Skeletal dysplasias
- Rehabilitation strategies
New and expanded chapters on:
- Sports-Related Concussions
- Autoimmune Connective Tissue Diseases
- Inherited Connective Tissue Diseases
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
Each condition-focused chapter steps though every stage of patient care:
- Signs and symptoms
- Differential diagnosis
- How to make the diagnosis
- Expected outcomes/prognosis
- Coding for proper payment
- When to refer
The strategies used by winning coaches on the field can bring success to classrooms, too! In What Teachers Can Learn From Sports Coaches, you'll uncover that the athletic arena and the classroom have more in common than you think. Author Nathan Barber demonstrates how many of the principles of coaching can be used by teachers to motivate students, build community, and enhance teaching.
You'll learn valuable lessons on
- Communicating effectively
- Harnessing the power of teamwork
- Making work meaningful
- Embracing technology
- Building a winning tradition
- Teaching life lessons
- Seeking continual improvement
- And more!
The book is filled with insightful quotes from well-known coaches, along with suggestions on how to apply the ideas to your own classroom. You'll come away with strategies that you can use immediately to bring success to your own team-your students!
Inflight Magazines Articles
Inflight Magazines Books